Thursday, December 30, 2010

An Old Year , A New Year

I really like end of the year recaps. I read them and think " I had completely forgotten about that happening". That is why I like having lots of pictures and videos of what we do as a family. A little bit of the past saved on paper and plastic can brighten a day or settle an argument.

This time of year is kind of hard for me because it is an undefined area. It feels like a week of flux. The control freak in me wants it to have a concrete purpose. I know I need to learn to relax and not try to fit everything into the compartment it belongs. I learned that in 2010. I am going to refine that learning in 2011. It is what it is. Let God handle it. These are two of my mottos for the new year.

What does God have in store for me this year. I am glad I cannot look ahead and see the pain or loss that waits because each year has a little of that. I am also glad I cannot see the good things in store. That would ruin the surprise and I hate waiting. I am glad that God knows and has it under His control. Sometimes I wish I could erase things from my memory that I don't want to have to think about anymore but you never know when you are going to need a memory. God will use the past to lead you in your future. Now that I have fully entered middle age I have quite a bit to look back on. Some days I take out those memories . I look at what happened and think about the past from the knowledge and the little wisdom I have accumulated . It sometimes looks different in the rear view mirror. I love to look at the videos we have of our grown children when they were little ones. And sometimes I wish I could go back and relive those days...but that is what Grandchildren are for....

No comments: