Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Valleys and Broken Hearts

I feel compelled this morning to express how great my God is. I am calling Him Almighty today. Because I am little and weak and He is strong. For a couple of years I have been walking in this valley..well, sometimes it wasn't walking. Sometimes it was a crawl. Sometimes it was a roll in the fetal position. Sometimes it was a screaming , stomp with fist raised against the One Who loves me. Many times I have forgotten He was here.
The valley mostly consisted of me learning to live above circumstance. Because really it doesn't matter what is in the valley or how you get there. It is just about living in His joy while you are there. I belong to Him and this is where I am. He is here too and He sees all I do and has experienced the pain of being human. I am done raging against the circumstance and ready to be open to what He has in each day. I fully understand this valley may go on for several more miles and that I won't "feel" so surrounded by Him each day because I will forget I am not alone. It won't be because Almighty has gone but because I took my eyes away from Him to look at circumstance.
Almighty broke my heart in this valley so that He could make me who I need to be for Him. I had to see that there is no me without Him and that what He wants me to be is better than anything I could create.
Probably most of this sounds esoteric to anyone who has not yet been in the valley with Him but I needed to say it. For Almighty. As a praise for Who He is. And I don't think rocks would sound as good saying it as I do. Love You Almighty ...You really are everything.

1 comment:

ash said...

god is so amazing