Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pretty is as Pretty Does



Grandma always said "Pretty is as pretty does" when someone would compliment me. I know the point was to say that actions are really more important than the outward appearance. She was right. Just imagine how blessed I am to have girls who are beautiful in both how they look and who they are. From Brittney who is a super mom and wife as well a daughter I can depend on, to Janna whose quiet strength is a calm in the storms of our daily family life. And Morgan who is the spice that makes me smile and always remember my Mom who went on to better things in January of 2005. Someone once said that if Brittney got married and became a mom she would be good at it because that is what she was raised to be. I never thought I was raising my girls to be anything in particular because I believe that God had a plan for them from before I was involved. I hope I taught them to "when you work , work with your might, things half done are never done right" lol (Family joke) I love my girls and am more thankful for them ever day. And I just have to wonder why 3 girls and 5!!! boys. lol

1 comment:

Britt said...

Oh .. MY gosh

You are so LUCKY I love you!

That picture about made me die! Right here on my couch!

I love you too, Mama. Even when you post horrid pictures of me. And I'm making a mental note: Never make nasty faces at a camera belonging to someone with a blog. lol