Monday, September 15, 2008

Jury Duty: What a way to spend a morning!!

I can't hear the words jury duty and not think of this clip from the movie "The Grinch". And that is what I did with my Monday morning. This was my first time as a perspective juror. I was a little nervous, as I always am with new experiences. What I found interesting in the process was the questioning of the jurors before selection. The two questions addressed to me were about my family member in law enforcement and if I would have a problem concentrating on the trial with my children at home. Well, being a mom of 8 means I can not only concentrate on the trial but work out my schedule for the week, knit a sock, as well as return a responsible verdict for the court. I didn't worry about my children because the oldest three are very responsible and the younger three are well watched by their siblings. So, after all the questioning of the jurors we were returned to the courtroom to be dismissed from our duty. It seems they must have settled. So, I got to go home before one o'clock and try to salvage some of my day. Overall it was an interesting experience and I was glad to be able to participate in something that makes our country great.

2 comments:

Britt said...

Can I leave my home for a few hours and focus on something other than my children?

Can I SIGN UP FOR THIS? ;o)

Ahhh .. I jest

The Family said...

As you know it has taken many years to get your sibs to this point. Your day will come.
Mom