Friday, March 4, 2011

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men


Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you declared the Lord, plans for welfare and not calmaity, to give you a future and a hope.

Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to me and I will listen to you."


This is the verse I have been memorizing in my devotion time. I really believe this is true of every human being. I don't think God puts us here just to wander and entertain ourselves. We are made to worship Him and to give Him glory in all we do.


I will be the first to admit that my life is not always glorifying. But I am always trying to get where He wants me to be. It is a process. He is working on me and I can be some very tough clay to shape.


I say all of this to introduce my new puppy. Her name is Seeker. I prayed for Seeker and God provided her. She and I are going to train to be therapy dog providers. There is no promise that either one of us will be suitable for this position. Even with the best of training some dogs are not suitable for therapy work but I feel like God has a plan here and I am going to work like we will be a great therapy team and let God work out the details. He has laid this work on my heart and given me a love for dogs from an early age. I am hoping we can be a blessing as we seek people to help.


No comments: