Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In the Basket

It has been kind of crazy here at the Basket lately. We have upped the number of Basket dwellers by four and none of our occupants currently is employed. Five of our number are under ten years of age and five are young adults. Two are just old. This can be cause for some TENSION. But I am glad to report that everyone is intact and relatively sane. Big families are wonderful but they are a lot of work and sacrifice.
When God takes us through difficult times either as discipline or because of our ignorant choices, it is painful. Yesterday in my devotion time I thought this , " We don't ever want to suffer need , even when we need to suffer."
I know all the platitudes about God is with you ..footprints in the sand and all that but in truth you still have to go through it. What I tend to do in times like these is worry. But it came to me this time of difficulty that worry is dishonoring to God. Read Jeremiah 29:11,12 If I believe He is bigger than my "issues" then I must believe that I am walking under His protection and it is not trusting to worry. So, when I feel worry creeping up my back I say to the Lord of Hosts "Hey, can you take care of that?"
Good news yesterday He provided Don with the job we were hoping for. He will be working in HVAC maintenance at the local junior college. There are many benefits to this job but more pay is not one of them. So, once again I am trusting God to carry me in my concern about making ends meet . I am so thankful for the opportunity Don is getting with this job. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.
Dianna

1 comment:

Linda said...

Dianna, Love and miss you and your family. I wish we could sit and chat over a cup of tea.