Monday, October 20, 2008

Freak Flag Flying


I usually save the hip lingo for embarrassing my children in public but my oldest daughter, Brittney has requested that I list some of the random weirdness that I have probably kept well hidden for all of these years. Many of the things that she listed I also do (not the imaginary pony riding....thank goodness) genetics being what they are. But I will try to come up with something individual to myself.
Long finger nails on guys creeps me out. I find myself staring into their eyes wondering "Do you own nail clippers? " "Are you an axe murder?" "How does your wife/girlfriend put up with you touching her with those" Great now I am grossed out just thinking about it.

I can't talk about animals and eat at the same time. It makes me queasy. I guess I have cleaned up too many pet messes in my life.

I like to drive fast but don't. I would love to drag race. That is why I drive a mini-van. My kids would have to start a bail Mom out of the pokey fund, if I drove something I think is cool. For those of you too young to know the "pokey" is jail.

I don't like to cook. I never did but I became pretty good at somethings because I used to love to eat way too much (well I still really love to eat but after losing 70 pounds I have to fight that).

I guess that is enough self revalation. A girl has to preserve some of her mystery and that is probably more than you really want to know anyway.

1 comment:

Britt said...

I was totally wondering if you had an imaginary pony .. I and I just realized that while riding my pony, I probably look a lot like Janna. Garh!

I hate long nails on guys too .. Kelly says he needs at least one long nail for working on cars and such .. I think he's just too lazy to use his clippers.

Good think you drive a mini-van and Kelly has his truck .. or else I'd be bankrupt from bail.