Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Philippians 4:8






"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. "


These may seem like strange pictures to use as part of a blog about Philippians 4:8 but these are all photos of situations or people that help me follow the advice in the verse. I have a lot of difficult days. Days where nothing goes right or it seems like I get nothing done. I tend to look at life like a "to do" list instead of a journey. On the journey God has included many true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, praise worthy and things of good repute. But I get too busy looking at the laundry piling up in the basement or my disobiedent child to see how cute my six year old is with his dimple and crooked front tooth. Really he is adorable even with the hateful look on his face. God wants me to dwell on the beauty He has put in my life because He knows that will make me strong to face the difficult.

1 comment:

breanna said...

thank you for the reminder! i am very task oriented and struggle to stop and do the eternally significant things! thanks for sharing!