Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nature Study








I will be the first to admit that I do not enjoy doing nature study. I love flowers and trees. I really enjoy watching birds from my living room window. But as a mom I need to take my children out to experience nature. So, we went for a walk on a horse trail not too far from home earlier this week. In one picture you will see Scatterbrain holding a feather she found. I was mainly concerned with helping the kids identify trees on this walk so that accounts for the tree bark pictures. I like identifying flowers so the ones that were new to me I also took photos of. My kids think I know every flower in God's creation. We'll be running down highway 63 at 70 miles an hour and I will hear from behind me "What was that yellow stuff?" I am not that good.

3 comments:

Britt said...

lol loving 'Scatterbrain' .. totally not wanting her face in that photo. If she could make that feather levitate itself into the picture she would lol.

"What was that yellow stuff?"

and you pull an answer out of your butt .. so I can laugh next time I'm down when Susie says, "hey Britt did you know this flower is called a starlight flower?" And what he is holding is a dandelion.

The Family said...

You are corect in saying that i
did'nt whant too be in that photo
but i did kept the fether
when i got home i let
Bakter sniff it and he would'nt
stop trying to eat it.
i bet grace would love to play
with it.

The Family said...

and typically i can't typ
the right thing when i do
atcually post.crap.
"but i did kept the fether"
i hate it when it do
that crap crap!!
oh and by the way this
it scatterbrain
(duh they are'nt stupid. you try
typing on your mom's laptop
and tell me what you think.no need to get mean about it.)